I’ve been home for three full days now and my head is still reeling from this past weekend. Haven 2013 was a lot of things. It was scary, overwhelming, loud, exhausting, exhilarating, exciting, educational, and hilarious all wrapped up into a tight 72 hours. It’s no exaggeration when I say my brain is mush. In just three days I made amazing new friends and learned from some of the best DIY bloggers. It was a truly incredible experience.
That being said, I was so busy staring around in awe and trying not to inadvertently weird someone out, that I didn’t even take that many pictures. I was just trying to hold on. But I did manage to snag a few good ones.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The sponsors went all out. The Ballard Designs “Living Room” was so stylish and those couches offered some much sought after comfort at the end of the day.
- I spent most of the weekend hanging out with the wonderfully kind Jackie of Teal & Lime. We met up at the airport and I can honestly say she is now my friend. I had a great time hanging out with her. (Also, her Haven recap is about 10 times more ‘deep’ than mine, so make sure you check out that for some actual wisdom and not just awkward shower pictures.)
- I. Won. An. IPad. Mini…. Just let that sink in for a minute! The very first night, there was a cocktail party out on this verandah, and because I instagramed some photos, I WON! That’s how you kick off a weekend, my friend!
- I took a fake shower at the Moen booth. Is it weird that I kind of wish it had been a real shower? That Moen shower head looks like a space age device and I want it!!!
- The people over at Ryobi brought so many awesome power tools for us to play with. Honestly, I hadn’t really heard of Ryobi before they sponsored Haven, but now I want them all. I do not think Josh would complain about this.
- Of course, what’s a blog conference if I can’t semi-stalk two of my favorite bloggers ever?? Sherry from Young House Love and Katie from Bower Power always make a hilarious team and I really enjoyed hearing them talk about real life friendships.
- I even got to compete in a Bookcase Styling contest hosted by Ballard Designs. We had about 15 minutes to run around and style this cool bookcase and our team won! I also came home with a $100 gift card to Ballard Designs. Honestly, between my winnings and the amazing swag we received, the conference practically paid for itself… well, almost.
And now, I’m home. Ready to sit down and make a plan to take this little blog to the next level.
I will also say that I would recommend a good conference like Haven to any blogger at any stage. I met people who had been blogging for years and made their living by doing what they loved and I also met a lot of newbies with freshly minted blogs (or sites that weren’t even up yet.) The insight you get and the people you meet sky rocket this experience to the top of your best list. I can guarantee it.
Have you ever been to a blogging conference? Which one? Or did you go to Haven too? I’d love to see your recap post below!!