Happy Friday! How about a super simple and cheery project to start off your weekend? I’m over at Teal & Lime today sharing a tutorial for these fun hand stenciled kitchen towels! They would make a perfect house warming or hostess gift. And hey, Mother’s Day is coming up too! Or just make a few to brighten up your own kitchen! Hop over to see the details!
Happy April! Did y’all have any luck with April Fools Day shenanigans yesterday? Sadly, or not so sadly, there were no pranks here.
Today we’re officially closing the books for March with out monthly Goings On + Photo Ops instagram recap! Now, I’m a little short on instagram photos this month, but in an odd turn of events half of the photos I do have are of my face. (Maybe I’ve been listening to that #selfie song too much!)
- Went to The Minimalists book signing & the Cheesecake Factory
- Embarrassed to admit my top played song right now is “Talk Dirty”
- Snow day for Josh. Delay for me.
- Glad to have a friend at work… even if he is a crazy sports nut.
- Emerald Eagle Honors at the Meyerson
- Decided to take tomorrow off. Lucky to be able to do that.
- Leah & Riley’s wedding at Ashton Gardens + the coolest Violin Guy.
- Stayed at the Wildwood Inn and spent the day in Denton
- Daylight Savings has me totally thrown off but I’m ready for the sun
- Renewed our lease for one. more. year.
- Day 1 with Bambi, my personal trainer
- Planning projects to keep my sanity for one more year in 816
- A record 3 hour phone call between Josh and Richard
- Dinner on the patio at Gloria’s
- Rainy day errands in a fancy rental car
- My first full strength training workout by myself
- Josh’s first ever Candy Crush experience
- Flirty emails are fun to send!
- Josh had an AC meeting, so I watched Mean Girls to pass the time
- Bambi nearly killed me in the gym. But it feels good to be doing something.
- Late dinner at Oddfellows to shake off our taxes
- Enjoyed driving our speedy hybrid rental during errands
- Being productive is super hard sometimes
- The restlessness of weight loss has started to set in
- Maybe we’ll stay in Dallas a few more years?
- Reevaluating what I want to do… again!!
- Big, exciting family news!
- Finally watched Rain Man and digitized all of my recipes. Accomplished all around.
- Bought a course to actually learn how to use my DSLR!
- 21st workout of the month! Met my goal!
- Enjoying having the windows open before the heat rolls in!
Anything exciting in your March? Share below!
Hello and happy Monday! I wanted to take today and just update y’all on what’s going on here at Two Live Colorfully. If you come around often, you’ve probably noticed a little less action. Well, that’s because Josh and I are figuring out exactly where we want to go in the next few years and how to get there.
First things first, we’re officially staying in Dallas for one more year. We’ve signed another 12 month lease for our current apartment. We are knee deep in “saving for a house” mode, so it made the most sense to stay where we are while we prepare. Honestly, I wasn’t too psyched about this, because I’m worried about running out of projects and ideas to share with you all over the next year here, but when it comes down to it, there is still plenty of work to be done.
We’re still going to be continuing with our minimalist-lite series as well as moving decor around, upgrading a few things, and maybe even trying a few new “apartment friendly” techniques just for fun!
The other thing that has been taking up most of my time is a new resurgence of working out and eating right. It’s not something I’ve ever really talked about here, but I’ve struggled with weight issues for as long as I remember. And, up until now it always felt like I would have time later to sort it out and get healthy. But you know what? That time is now! I’m officially an adult and there is no longer an excuse to be unhealthy. (Not that there ever really was an excuse.) If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen that I’ve hired a personal trainer to help me out. I’ve committed to six full months with her. For the past few weeks, this is what has been dominating my extra brain space.
I know Two Live Colorfully has been about home decorating and DIY, but I’d like to bring a bit more of our actual life into this our corner of the internet. I’m not sure of the exact details yet, but I’d really love to share a few health and fitness updates with you. Not to take over the site, but just to share a little more of our colorful life. Nobody has a perfect life, even if that’s all you see on the internet. People have struggles and hard decisions to make and I want to be someone who isn’t afraid to share mine with the chance that it could help someone else.
So, three months into 2014 and this is where we are. Lots of changes happening and lots of things to be excited about. I hope you’ll stick around to see where this goes!