Happy Friday! How about a super simple and cheery project to start off your weekend? I’m over at Teal & Lime today sharing a tutorial for these fun hand stenciled kitchen towels! They would make a perfect house warming or hostess gift. And hey, Mother’s Day is coming up too! Or just make a few to brighten up your own kitchen! Hop over to see the details!
All posts tagged decorating
*Disclaimer: I was approached by ProFlowers to give my opinion on floral trends. No compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.
It’s spring time now and that means it’s time to bring on the bright colors! Today, I’m pleased to be sharing my favorite floral trend for 2014 and this month’s Color Pops board inspired by my choice!
Last month, ProFlowers contacted me for my opinion on this year’s best floral trends. I was super excited about it because I love fresh flowers. Even though most plants would run away from me if they could, fresh cut flowers are one of my favorite ways to liven up any room. It’s an instant boost.
Of course, ProFlowers didn’t make it easy to choose with their beautifully crafted inspiration boards, but after a few minutes, I knew which one was my favorite:
All those dreamy shades of blue of course! Ahh! It’s relaxing and inspiring and beautiful all at the same time. So, in addition to fresh blooms, how else can you embrace this vibe and bring it into your home? Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
1. Mint Shower Curtain | Nate Berkus for Target 2. Whirly Hanging Candle holder | CB2 3. Square Aqua Hi-Gloss Frame | CB2 4. Moby Measuring Cups | Anthropologie 5. Dip-Dyed Pillows | Anthropologie 6. Wide Stripe Flat Weave Rug in Spa Green | Shades of Light
I’m seriously in love with everything on this board! Especially that dip-dyed pillow! We actually have a few of those whirly candle holders from CB2 and they are so fun. Plus, they would really come in handy for lighting citronella candles outdoors this spring!
Which floral trend is your favorite? Want more floral inspiration? You’ll find plenty on the ProFlowers blog… seriously, go now!
Good morning gang! Happy Tuesday. Who’s ready to return to the regularly scheduled programming around here?! I know I am. March was such a crazy month so I’m glad to be getting a fresh start today. Let’s hop in!
I’m just going to go ahead and assume that everyone is like this (to make myself feel better), but my workspace is often a disaster zone. Papers strewn everywhere, “in progress” crafts cluttering up the coffee table… I can openly admit, when I’m in a blogging frenzy, the living room turns into a mad house. What I really needed was a desk-side companion to help me contain the crazy and I found the perfect thing.
I feel like I’ve been seeing this Ikea Raskog cart everywhere lately! When I saw it in the catalog a few months ago, I knew it’d be perfect. It is exactly the height of my desk, easy to transport, and it looks dang cute too. It definitely holds it’s own against my hot pink desk.
On the second shelf, I keep my camera bag and label maker. I don’t think I’ve even mentioned yet that I bought a DSLR camera! That was before Christmas! Phew, I’m off my game. I just enrolled in the Shoot Fly Shoot camera course so, I’m finally learning how to use it properly. Working on getting one more thing crossed off the ol’ Life List.
On the bottom shelf I keep current projects. Right now, it’s a bunch of washed and ironed fabric ready to be made into pillow cases. It’s on the to-do list!
How do you keep your work space organized? I’d love to see your methods… and maybe steal one or two!
Man! I have been a little behind on blogging this past week, huh? All I can say is it’s been a little bit crazy around here. But, have no fear, because we are back and I’m sharing a super simple way to make Gold Foil Art in Photoshop Elements over at Teal & Lime!
Gold foil has been my jam lately but DIY versions can be a little tricky. I even tried this a DIY version with this cheeky faux gold foil art last Christmas but I wanted to create an even easier technique! So, head out to Teal & Lime for the full tutorial! Seriously, it’s crazy simple!
Don’t have Photoshop Elements? No worries! By hopping over, you can also score a free printable of this cute “Hooray!” print! I made it just for you.
One of the things I love the most about the blogging community is the kindness and appreciation shared between blogs both big and small. We’ve got a great community to be inspired by. I wanted to make sure to recognize some of the bloggers who work so hard to create beautiful content with a monthly “mad props” post. The title is silly, the intention is warm and fuzzy. Enjoy some of my favorite posts and projects from the blog-o-sphere this month.
- Beauty Taboos: Effed if You Do, Effed if You Don’t | A Practical Wedding. I love this open thread from APW. And since we just talked about my own minimalist-lite makeup and beauty routines, I thought it would be perfect timing to share it!
- DIY Mini Heart Shaped Hand Warmers | Haberdashery Fun. How cute are these? It’s actually warming up a bit here in Texas, but these are totally on the list for my Noob Sewing Series!
- Awesome Wallpaper | CB2. Oh yes, wallpaper has officially come back! CB2 has some awesome updated patterns and they even have a few that are removable! Perfect for us apartment dwellers.
- Journey to Financial Independence | Involving Home. I can. not. wait. for this awesome series coming from my lovely friend, Jena! Josh and I have been painstakingly working on paying off our debt since graduation, and we’re finally making progress. I’m excited to here about other people working towards the same goal!
What projects and blogs are you loving right now?!