Hello and happy Monday! I wanted to take today and just update y’all on what’s going on here at Two Live Colorfully. If you come around often, you’ve probably noticed a little less action. Well, that’s because Josh and I are figuring out exactly where we want to go in the next few years and how to get there.
First things first, we’re officially staying in Dallas for one more year. We’ve signed another 12 month lease for our current apartment. We are knee deep in “saving for a house” mode, so it made the most sense to stay where we are while we prepare. Honestly, I wasn’t too psyched about this, because I’m worried about running out of projects and ideas to share with you all over the next year here, but when it comes down to it, there is still plenty of work to be done.
We’re still going to be continuing with our minimalist-lite series as well as moving decor around, upgrading a few things, and maybe even trying a few new “apartment friendly” techniques just for fun!
The other thing that has been taking up most of my time is a new resurgence of working out and eating right. It’s not something I’ve ever really talked about here, but I’ve struggled with weight issues for as long as I remember. And, up until now it always felt like I would have time later to sort it out and get healthy. But you know what? That time is now! I’m officially an adult and there is no longer an excuse to be unhealthy. (Not that there ever really was an excuse.) If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen that I’ve hired a personal trainer to help me out. I’ve committed to six full months with her. For the past few weeks, this is what has been dominating my extra brain space.
I know Two Live Colorfully has been about home decorating and DIY, but I’d like to bring a bit more of our actual life into this our corner of the internet. I’m not sure of the exact details yet, but I’d really love to share a few health and fitness updates with you. Not to take over the site, but just to share a little more of our colorful life. Nobody has a perfect life, even if that’s all you see on the internet. People have struggles and hard decisions to make and I want to be someone who isn’t afraid to share mine with the chance that it could help someone else.
So, three months into 2014 and this is where we are. Lots of changes happening and lots of things to be excited about. I hope you’ll stick around to see where this goes!
Here we are again. At the end of another month. I hope you are all wrapping up an awesome February and are ready for March and hopefully some spring time weather! Down here in Texas, we’ve been flip-flopping between hot and cold like it’s no one’s business! Like Wednesday was in the 30′s and today’s high is 80F! Even though I totally don’t mind the cold weather, I wish dear Mother Nature would just pick one!
Anyways! Weather rant over. Today we’re closing out February with a wrap up from my instagram and daily one-line journal. Let’s see what went down!
- Who knew there was an 8AM on Saturdays? Productive day today.
- Basically had an Office marathon playing the background all day.
- An awesome coworker brought in authentic gumbo for the whole office!
- Bought the Lord of the Pies as a special treat (apple + caramel! Yum!)
- We’re planning a cheer party!
- SNOW DAY! Except we both still have to work.
- Watched documentary on Mitt Romney. Different perspective and good conversation.
- Feeling so adult. Underwriting to start retirement planning.
- Seriously what breakfast beats pancakes and real maple syrup?
- Cupcake baking and party prep
- Delayed start because of weather this morning. Perfect time to ice cupcakes.
- Freshman cheer party at Sunset!
- More cupcake baking! Pink Champagne this time!
- My cheesy mustache valentines were a hit with the boys at work.
- Gaining some financial momentum! Paid off a major account today!
- In Denton for cheer competition. Also met “Ferret Girl” on the square!
- Mondays are way worse after an awesome weekend.
- Gorgeous weather today. Ate lunch outside and listened to Think on NPR.
- Feeling nostalgic and watching The Titanic
- Ate lunch in the deli with a fun IT employee!
- Cheer tryouts for next year. A late and crazy night for Josh!
- Slept in, cuddled, and watched The Hobbit.
- Just one of those Sundays where I never put on pants.
- Back to the gym I go.
- Star Wars and chicken tortilla soup at home for Josh’s birthday.
- Planning some big, exciting, and scary changes for this year.
- Officially signed on with a personal trainer. Here we go.
How lovely was your February? Let’s hear the highlights below!
Happy Monday! Today, we’re talking about labels. Specifically, my awesome new label maker and how awesome it is. This was one of the few things I specifically requested for Christmas and I love it. Up until now, every label I’ve made has either been hand written or I’ve had to create them in Photoshop. But hand written labels usually end up bugging me because my penmenship is not so fantastic and creating labels from scratch on the computer can be a little time-consuming. It’s nice to have an option where a perfect label is made instantaneously.
After doing some online research, I decided to ask for the Brother PT-1800 Label Maker. It has generally good reviews and is used by one of my favorite organizers, Alejandra! That girl can organize anything and I do trust her recommendations.
So, what have I labeled so far? Well, first I attacked my stationary boxes. They had handwritten labels that needed replacing. I also added labels to some of our food storage containers. I loved the idea to label the mixing instructions for our pancake mix right on the container. No need to flip through a cookbook or save the recipe from the box. And then, I created some “Willis” labels to put on our reusable shopping bags so the baggers will know they already belong to us. This baby also really came in handy for Josh’s classroom supplies and when I organized all my lingerie!
For my official review, I’d say this label maker does exactly what you need it to. It comes with a few cool features like typing vertical and 2 font selections. My only complaint so far is that it uses a lot of excess tape at the beginning and end of each label. I usually end up chopping some of it off, so that starts to feel a little wasteful after a while. But other than that, it’s a fantastic little label maker that makes organizing super simple!
Favorite way to label things: GO!
**I swear this isn’t turning into a beauty blog! This post is part of our Minimalist-Lite series! Find out what it is and how to get started!**
We’re moving up the progress ladder today! Last week I talked about my Minimalist-Lite make-up routine and today, I want to talk about the other half of that which is beauty products. Continue reading →