Here we are again. At the end of another month. I hope you are all wrapping up an awesome February and are ready for March and hopefully some spring time weather! Down here in Texas, we’ve been flip-flopping between hot and cold like it’s no one’s business! Like Wednesday was in the 30′s and today’s high is 80F! Even though I totally don’t mind the cold weather, I wish dear Mother Nature would just pick one!
Anyways! Weather rant over. Today we’re closing out February with a wrap up from my instagram and daily one-line journal. Let’s see what went down!
- Who knew there was an 8AM on Saturdays? Productive day today.
- Basically had an Office marathon playing the background all day.
- An awesome coworker brought in authentic gumbo for the whole office!
- Bought the Lord of the Pies as a special treat (apple + caramel! Yum!)
- We’re planning a cheer party!
- SNOW DAY! Except we both still have to work.
- Watched documentary on Mitt Romney. Different perspective and good conversation.
- Feeling so adult. Underwriting to start retirement planning.
- Seriously what breakfast beats pancakes and real maple syrup?
- Cupcake baking and party prep
- Delayed start because of weather this morning. Perfect time to ice cupcakes.
- Freshman cheer party at Sunset!
- More cupcake baking! Pink Champagne this time!
- My cheesy mustache valentines were a hit with the boys at work.
- Gaining some financial momentum! Paid off a major account today!
- In Denton for cheer competition. Also met “Ferret Girl” on the square!
- Mondays are way worse after an awesome weekend.
- Gorgeous weather today. Ate lunch outside and listened to Think on NPR.
- Feeling nostalgic and watching The Titanic
- Ate lunch in the deli with a fun IT employee!
- Cheer tryouts for next year. A late and crazy night for Josh!
- Slept in, cuddled, and watched The Hobbit.
- Just one of those Sundays where I never put on pants.
- Back to the gym I go.
- Star Wars and chicken tortilla soup at home for Josh’s birthday.
- Planning some big, exciting, and scary changes for this year.
- Officially signed on with a personal trainer. Here we go.
How lovely was your February? Let’s hear the highlights below!
Happy Monday! Today, we’re talking about labels. Specifically, my awesome new label maker and how awesome it is. This was one of the few things I specifically requested for Christmas and I love it. Up until now, every label I’ve made has either been hand written or I’ve had to create them in Photoshop. But hand written labels usually end up bugging me because my penmenship is not so fantastic and creating labels from scratch on the computer can be a little time-consuming. It’s nice to have an option where a perfect label is made instantaneously.
After doing some online research, I decided to ask for the Brother PT-1800 Label Maker. It has generally good reviews and is used by one of my favorite organizers, Alejandra! That girl can organize anything and I do trust her recommendations.
So, what have I labeled so far? Well, first I attacked my stationary boxes. They had handwritten labels that needed replacing. I also added labels to some of our food storage containers. I loved the idea to label the mixing instructions for our pancake mix right on the container. No need to flip through a cookbook or save the recipe from the box. And then, I created some “Willis” labels to put on our reusable shopping bags so the baggers will know they already belong to us. This baby also really came in handy for Josh’s classroom supplies and when I organized all my lingerie!
For my official review, I’d say this label maker does exactly what you need it to. It comes with a few cool features like typing vertical and 2 font selections. My only complaint so far is that it uses a lot of excess tape at the beginning and end of each label. I usually end up chopping some of it off, so that starts to feel a little wasteful after a while. But other than that, it’s a fantastic little label maker that makes organizing super simple!
Favorite way to label things: GO!
**I swear this isn’t turning into a beauty blog! This post is part of our Minimalist-Lite series! Find out what it is and how to get started!**
We’re moving up the progress ladder today! Last week I talked about my Minimalist-Lite make-up routine and today, I want to talk about the other half of that which is beauty products. Continue reading →
**Disclaimer! Yes, we’re talking about underwear today. Nothing crazy but, family members… this may not be the post for you**
I have been debating for a while whether or not to write this post. In some ways, writing about lingerie seems too revealing. I mean, obviously, we can’t pretend that lingerie isn’t something people buy all the time, but to claim it is a little frightening.
But in the end, obviously, I decided to write it. Why? Because, I’m an adult, I’ve been married for three years, and the fact that I own lingerie should not be a surprise to anyone. Plus, I spent months searching the internet for ways to organize it to no avail! I couldn’t find anything! I didn’t spend good money on this pretty stuff to shove it in a shoebox. So, I said “to hell with it, I’ll figure it out on my own and then share it for all the other ladies out there searching for solutions!” So, here we go… Lets talk about Simple Ways to Organize Your Lingerie! Continue reading →
We’re still tackling the wardrobe this month to kick off our minimalist-lite series. Last week we tackled jewelry, but now it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty: the closet!
When I was putting together my action plan of areas to streamline, I mentioned wanting to try out a 30-piece wardrobe project. I’d originally found this challenge on House For Five and I thought it was such a great concept! For my own challenge, I decided not to include underwear, shoes, pajamas, or tank tops. I wouldn’t actually consider those to be part of my wardrobe and just counting those would push me over 30, then I’d have nothing to wear. If you’re joining me, it’s okay to stick with actual wardrobe pieces (blouses, sweaters, jeans, skirts, dresses, jackets, etc). So, let’s try it out!
Continue reading →